The MiniTiouner USB receiver uses free to download DVB-S receive and analysis software called "Minitioune" written by F6DZP. The Software is hosted on the VivaDATV forum. You need a log-in to download, but here are the links:
The latest (28 February 2017) version of MiniTioune V0.6d: Minitioune v0.6d download
Noise Power Measurement Software: ( included in the Minitioune software package)
There is a "readme.pdf" in the Minitioune software package that gives the latest information and a step by step guide
For a step by step guide on how to do this, see the paper written by W6HHC - http://www.w6ze.org/DATV/InstallingMiniTiouner_onWin10.pdf
- Install the D2XX drivers 2.12.24 found at http://ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm. There's a link in the right column for a setup executable. This stage is missing from W6HHC notes.
- Install the FT2232H USB driver for the MiniTiouner board
- Inspect the FT2232H USB-controller module (preprogramed by BATC for NIMtuner) for correct internal memory programming
- Install LAVfilters CODECs and test the HW board and test the DirectShow filters
- Look in the Minitiouner folder that you've just copied to C:\ for the small program "Install_usrc_ax_winXP" and run this to install the link with the decoder.
- Run the MiniTiouner_v0.6d executable & perhaps adjust the decoder filters being used.